I've been in hospital for the last 2 weeks (well, give or take...), no, not me listeners... I'm fine... my grandmother had to have an operation. And as I sat there watching, the day after the op, her barely conscious and wires stuck in her... My main thought was... one day that's going to be my mum... and how I'm going to be completely unable to cope with it.
Another thought that came to me was, and no-one would ever say this outright - but it's one of the unwritten "things" of life... that I'm not actually expected to care that much... I mean, she's just an ageing relative isn't she? and I've got my "own life" to deal with... huh... having your "own life"... carte blanche to disregard relatives and people who you have no use for anymore... it makes me so so sad...
Also, whilst visiting the hospital, we met some relatives who I hadn't seen for years and years - my mother's cousin and her husband (not quite sure what that makes them to me, but still), I gotta admit when I was walking over to my nan's bed I was wondering who the hell it was sitting there. But anyway, they were lovely, lovely people... and they talked about what they do and what their kids do, as people invariably do... and as I made what little, trademark, replies I could, my overriding thought was "what a troll they must think I am"
Anyway, upshot of all that is my nan is back home now and improving more and more everyday, which is good.
I'm happy to see that my number of views has finally moved up into the 400's - I'll get on "blogs of note" yet!, and lastly and most greatly... Brand new Doctor Who!! saturday's at 7 on bbc1... watch it! (please :))
Another thought that came to me was, and no-one would ever say this outright - but it's one of the unwritten "things" of life... that I'm not actually expected to care that much... I mean, she's just an ageing relative isn't she? and I've got my "own life" to deal with... huh... having your "own life"... carte blanche to disregard relatives and people who you have no use for anymore... it makes me so so sad...
Also, whilst visiting the hospital, we met some relatives who I hadn't seen for years and years - my mother's cousin and her husband (not quite sure what that makes them to me, but still), I gotta admit when I was walking over to my nan's bed I was wondering who the hell it was sitting there. But anyway, they were lovely, lovely people... and they talked about what they do and what their kids do, as people invariably do... and as I made what little, trademark, replies I could, my overriding thought was "what a troll they must think I am"
Anyway, upshot of all that is my nan is back home now and improving more and more everyday, which is good.
I'm happy to see that my number of views has finally moved up into the 400's - I'll get on "blogs of note" yet!, and lastly and most greatly... Brand new Doctor Who!! saturday's at 7 on bbc1... watch it! (please :))
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home